mardi 11 avril 2017

Second Palestinian boy dies weeks after soldiers shot up car

Un deuxième garçon palestinien meurt des semaines après que des soldats l'aient attaqué par balles lorsqu'il était en voiture

By Maureen Clare Murphy

A Palestinian boy who was critically injured when Israeli forces shot up the car in which he was traveling died on Monday, weeks after the incident that killed another teen.

Jassim Muhammad Nakhla, 15, was shot in the head and foot on 23 March. Medical sources told a Palestinian media outlet that the boy “had been clinically dead since he was injured, and had been kept on life support since.”

Two more youths, both under the age of 18, were shot in the upper body and seriously injured. Both were in comas and require respirators, Defense for Children International - Palestine stated last week.

An Israeli army spokesperson told media that the youths had thrown firebombs towards a food stand near the Beit El settlement adjacent to the Jalazone refugee camp outside the central West Bank city of Ramallah.

However, a witness told Defense for Children International - Palestine that soldiers opened fire on the car full of youths after it had stalled near the settlement.

Muhammad al-Hattab, the 17-year-old driver, was shot at when he got out of the vehicle, according to the group.

“The witness said Muhammad jumped back into the car to try to escape, but the car did not start. Israeli soldiers then approached the car and opened fire on the four children while inside the car,” Defense for Children International - Palestine added.

Muhammad al-Hattab, shot twice in the torso, was declared dead upon arrival to a hospital.

Protesters gathered in Ramallah after the announcement of Nakhla’s death on Monday:

Aucun commentaire: